Yam is the common name for some plant species in the genus Dioscorea that form edible tuber. It is creamy or firm when cooked, yams have an earthy, hardy taste and usually a minimal amount of sweetness. Yams are not only an excellent source of fibre but also high in potassium and manganese, which are important for supporting bone health, growth, metabolism, and heart function.
Yam can be used to make different types of recipes like chutney, kebabs, cutlets, vegetables, etc. Today I am sharing you a quick quarantine Yam fry recipe that goes well with dal rice… But you can also eat as a snack…Its taste just like fish fry or you can say its a vegetarian fish fry. This Yam fry is an easy, simple, tasty and quick recipe.
- 500 gm Yam
- 1 Tbsp Red Chilli Powder As Per taste
- 1 Tbsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1/2 PC Lime Juice
- Salt To Taste
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- Oil As required
- 3-4 Tbsp Water
- In a Pressure cooker add yam (Peeled washed and cut into 1/2 inch )
- Now add Coriander powder, garam masala powder, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt. Mix well
- Add lime juice mix well.
- Now add 2-3 Tbsp of oil mix well.
- Now add some water. Mix well . Close the lid and pressure cook for 4 whistles on low flame.
- Heat Tawa. Brush some oil on the tawa and fry the yam pieces till they a brown colour and serve. fry the yam pieces till they a brown colour and serve.
- Serve Hot with Green Chutney...