Dalia is the Hindi word for broken cereals. This is dish in particular is made with broken wheat. Dalia is low in cholesterol and fat, and is a good source of carbs, iron and fiber. This dish has a porridge-like texture.
Broken Wheats (Dalia) – 1/2 cup
Onion – 1 Finely Chopped
Tomato – 1 Finely Chopped
Mix Vegetables – 1 bowl ( Peas + Carrot + Corn)
Black Pepper – A pinch
Ghee – 1 Tbsp
Cumin Seeds – 1/4 tbsp
Water – 2 Cups (As required)
Salt to taste
- Heat Ghee in a Pressure cooker. Add Cumin seeds, when seeds gets splutter add chopped onion saute for 1-2 min.
- Now add Chopped tomatoes, saute for 1 min and add frozen vegetables.
- Saute the vegetables for 2-3 minutes and add dalia. Mix well.
- Saute the whole mixture for 3-4 minutes, Now add 2 cups water , salt and Black Pepper. Mix well.
- Pressure cook for 2-3 whistle.
- Lets it cool down and serve