Dosa i.e. Wheat Dosa is an Instant Dosa recipe, unlike traditional dosa recipe that requires soaking of dal & rice, grinding and then fermentation. So, if someone is craving for the dosa and want to eat dosa without following long procedure then this dosa is the best option.
This dosa is also a healthy option for the breakfast which can be accompanied by any type of chutney (sauce). Originally wheat dosa is made up of wheat flour only but since its an instant dosa I am adding Rava/ semolina and Rice flour. So, let’s start making… Hope you all will like it 😋
- 1/2 Cup Wheat Flour
- 1/2 Cup Rice Flour
- 2 Tbsp Rava / Semolina
- 1/2 inch Ginger Grated
- 1 Pcs Green Chilii Chopped
- 2 Tbsp Coriander leaves Chopped
- 1 Pcs Onion Chopped
- 1 Tbsp Curd
- 1 1/2 Cup Water As Required
- 1 tsp Cumin
- Salt To taste
- Oil For Cooking Dosa
- 4-5 Curry Leaves Chopped
- In a bowl add wheat flour, semolina, rice flour and curd.Mix well.
- Now add 1 cup of water and mix well. Make sure there is no lumps.
- Now add chopped onions, green chilli, curry leaves, coriander leaves, cumin seeds, salt and mix well.
- Now add rest of the water and mix well, The consistency of the batter should be flowing.
- Now rest the batter for 20 minutes .
- After 20 minutes mix the batter once again, if required add water .
- When the tawa is hot pour the batter.
- Pour the batter thinly from a height. Don't spread the batter like normal dosa.
- Drizzle some oil over the edges and on the top.Keep the flame medium.
- When it is cooked and becomes crispy and golden brown lift the dosa and flip it .
- Cook the dosa from other side also.
- To make other dosa , if the tawa is hot sprinkle some water and when the water evaporates make the other dosa.
- Serve Instant wheat dosa with Green Chutney.