Vegetable Manchurian is deliciously spicy and soupy manchurian variation prepared with vegetable like cabbage, carrot and capsicum. You can serve it as spicy chewy soup starter or as an accompaniment to Chinese fried rice or Hakka noodle. This deep fried veg balls dipped in spicy gravy of cornflour is surely going to make your tummy yummy and happy.
For Manchurian ball:
Cabbage – 1 cup (finely chopped)
Carrot – 1/2 cup (grated)
French Beans – 1/4 cup (finely chopped)
Spring onion – 1 Tbsp (finely chopped)
Garlic – 1 tsp ( chopped)
Ginger – 1/2 tsp ( chopped)
Soya Sauce – 1 Tbsp
Salt – To taste
Black Pepper – To taste
Cornflour ( cornstarch) – 2 Tbsp
All Purpose flour – 4 Tbsp
Oil for frying
Garlic – 1/2 tsp chopped
Ginger – 1/2 tsp chopped
Green Chill- 2 Chopped
Tomato Sauce – 1 Tbsp
Chilli Sauce – 1 Tbsp
Soya Sauce – 2 Tbsp
Water – 1 1/2 cup
Cornstarch – 1 Tbsp ( Mixed in water)
Vinegar – 1tsp
Salt – to taste
Black Pepper – to taste
Oil – 1 Tbsp
Spring Onion – Chopped for garnishing
Prepare Manchurian Balls:
- In a bowl mix all the chopped vegetables, spring onion, garlic , ginger, cornstarch, all purpose flour, soya sauce, salt and pepper.Mix well.
- Make small ball of the mixture and deep fry.
- When they are half done take out the balls, and let it cool.
- Again deep fry the balls until golden brown (This make the ball more crunchy).
- Take out the ball on kitchen towel to remove excess oil.
- Heat oil in a Kadhai, add chopped garlic, ginger and green chilli. saute for few seconds.
- Add tomato sauce, chilli sauce, soya sauce mix well and add water.
- When water comes to boil add cornstarch mix with water. This will thickens the sauce. Thickens the sauce to your desired consistency.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add vinegar stir and simmer for a minute.
- Serve Veg Manchurian with Hakka Noodles garnished with some spring onion.
Note: For Hakka Noodles Recipe Stay tuned
Here is video for recipe