Thandai is an Indian Cold Drink made up of nuts, fennel seeds, rose petals, milk, sugar, saffron, etc… It is native to India and is often associated with the Maha Shivaratri and Holi or Holla mahalla festival.
As Thandai is made up of nuts and spices which are said to have a cooling effect on the body, hence the name “Thandai” which means Cooling in Hindi.
As we know that Holi is coming which is the festival of colours so why not to make Thandai bcoz Holi without Thandai is just like Sankranti without KITES. No doubt you will get the readymade Thandai in the supermarket but you will not get the taste, satisfaction and happiness that you will get it by making at home…
HOPE YOUR LIFE IS FRAMED WITH ALL COLOURS OF LOVE & HAPPINESS TODAY & ALWAYS…
- 1/4 Cup Almonds
- 1/4 Cup Cashewnuts
- 1/4 Cup Pistachio
- 10-15 Nos Black Peppercorns
- 10 Nos Green Cardamom
- 2 Tbsp Melon Seeds
- 1 Tbsp Poppy seeds
- A Pinch Nutmeg
- 1/2 inch Cinammon Sticks
- A Pinch Saffron
- 3 Glass Milk
- 2-3 Tbsp Powdered Sugar As Per taste
- Soak all the ingredients in the bowl except nutmeg in some water for 5-6 hours
- Strain the water. Put all ingredients in the blender. Add nutmeg. ( I forget to soak cinnamon sticks that's why I used during grinding).
- Grind all the ingredients in a blender by using 2-3 Tbsp of milk. Make a fine paste.
- Soak A pinch of Saffron in lukewarm milk.
- Boil the milk and cold the milk. Add powdered sugar and mix well.
- Now add the mixture. Mix it well.
- Now add soaked saffron water and mix well.
- Pour in a glass and decorate with some saffron strings and rose petals.