Split Moong Dal salad is a refreshing low calories dish packed with nutrients. This salad can be served as a snack or light breakfast or even light lunch or dinner and is quite popular as a salad in parties. This is an easy recipe to prepare.
You can add lots of veggies of your choice to the salad, but I made with the veggies that were available in my refrigerator during making this salad, though it’s simple it’s delicious too…To make Split Moong Dal Salad at home follow the detailed step by step recipe posted below.
Split Moong Dal Salad (For Weight Loss)
- 3/4 Cup Split Yellow Moong Dal
- 1 Carrot Chopped
- 1 Tomato Chopped
- 1 Carrot Grated
- 1 Onion Chopped
- 1/4 Capsicum Chopped
- 2 Tbsp Peanuts Roasted & salted
- 10-12 Mint Chopped
- 1/2 Lime Juice(As Per Taste)
- 1 tsp Chat Masala As Per Taste
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper As Per Taste
- Salt As Per Taste
- Washed & Soaked Moong dal for 4 hours.
- Boil water in a pan and cook moong dal/ lentils for 2-3 minutes. Make sure lentils cook only 75%.
- In a bowl add all the chopped cucumber, onion, tomato, capsicum and grated carrot.
- Now add Split Moong dal.
- Add Chat Masala, Black Pepper Powder and salt. Now add chopped mint leaves, roasted peanuts and lime juice.
- Mix Well and Garnish with some sliced onion, lemon and mint leave. Serve immediately.