Sattu or powdered roasted grams is one of the most healthiest foods on earth. Its packed with nutrients and tastes great. Sattu Paratha is a type of Indian bread relished popularly by vegetarians in Bihar region.
Sattu is very rich in mineral, protein, fiber so also good for diabetic and heart patients. A healthy drink – sattu ka sharbat is also made with sattu which is a popular summer drink in Bihar and U.P.
Since, I am leaving out of India so its very hard to find sattu, however if you cannot get it near your house, you can easily prepare it home by grinding roasted chana dal to a fine powder.
Sattu paratha is a healthy, delicious ,wholesome and easy breakfast item. It can be served with plain yogurt , Aloo tamatar sabzi, pickle or just with a hot cup of tea.
Sattu ka Paratha Recipe
- 1 Cup Sattu
- 1 Small Onion Finely Chopped
- 2 Pcs Green Chilli Finely Chopped
- 2 Tbsp Coriander leaves Finely Chopped
- 1/4 tsp Ajwain (Carom Seeds)
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/4 tsp Onion Seeds
- A Pinch Asafoetida
- 2-3 Tbsp Mustard Oil
- 2 Tbsp Pickle Masala Any Pickle Masala
- Salt to taste
For Wheat Flour Dough
- 2 Cup Wheat Flour
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Water As Required to knead the dough
- Oil for shallow fry
- Knead wheat flour, oil and salt, adding the required amount of water to make a soft dough.
- Mix all the stuffing ingredients with sattu, add 1 to 2 tsp water to make the stuffing moist and easy to fill.
- Now take a medium size dough ball and spread it a little and then stuff it with the sattu mixture approx 2-3 tbsp and then close the dough ball from all the sides.
- Dust it with dry flour and roll it with a rolling pin and make a medium thick paratha.
- Cook on hot tawa or flat pan, applying oil till both sides are cooked and golden brown in colour.
- Serve hot with curd or curry of your choice.