French Fries, or simply fries, chips, finger chips or french-fried potatoes are batonnet or allumette-cut deep-fried potatoes. I know for all of us french- fries means french-fried- potatoes, but today I am going to make a French- fries without Potatoes.
Making fries with Rava ( Semolina) is very easy and its taste delicious and it tastes similar to that of Potatoes. So let’s start making Rava / Semolina French Fries within 10-15 Minutes.
Rava/ Semolina French Fries
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Cup Rava / Semolina
- Salt to taste
- Oil for Frying
- Take a pan put water in it. Add salt to taste.
- Now add 1 cup of Rava / Suji / Semolina. Cook until it leaves the side of the pan.
- Cover the pan with the lid for about 1 minute.
- Now take a pan and take out the Rava and knead a soft dough. you can use 1 tsp of oil if it's sticky.
- Now take dough and roll in into a circle. Cut the sides to make it in the rectangle. The thickness of the dough should be 1 cm or as you like thick or thin.
- Now cut into 1 cm each. Pieces which are long cut into half.
- Heat the oil and fry the rava fries until they are golden brown.
- Take the fries out into the kitchen towel. Sprinkle some herbs over it and Mix well.
- Fingerlicious Rava French Fries are ready to eat with Hot Ginger TEa.