Rava Cheesy Balls is basically a rava upma with a twist. It is a simple, easy and perfect starter or appetizer recipe for parties, events and get-togethers and will be loved by all age groups.
Rava Cheesy ball
For Rava Upma
- 1 Cup Rava Roasted
- 1 pcs Onion Chopped
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Split urad dal
- 1/2 tsp Ginger Finely Chopped
- 3 pcs Green Chilli Finely Chopped
- 1 Cup Mixed Vegetables Chopped / Frozen
- 10 pcs Curry Leaves
- 1.5 Cup Water
- Salt to taste
- 3 Tbsp Oil
For Cheese Ball
- 1/2 Cup Mozzarella Cheese grated
- 1/4 Cup Cornstarch
- Water As Required
- 1/2 Cup Bread crumbs
- Oil for Deep Frying
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds, once spluttered add urad dal and let it turn golden brown. Add ginger, chillies and curry leaves. Cook well.
- Add chopped onions, cook the onions until it turns golden brown. Now add mixed vegetables and cook till soft.
- Now add water and salt. Bring it to a boil and add roasted rava. Stir continuously till all the water is soaked up.
- Switch off the gas, close with a lid and let it sit in the there for 5 mins. Once cooled completely transfer into a bowl.
- Take a small ball out of it and keep grated cheese in the middle and roll it into a round ball.
- Dip in the cornstarch mixture (cornstarch + water) and roll into the bread crumbs.
- Deep fry in the hot oil until golden brown from both sides.
- Crispy hot rava cheese ball is ready to roll.