Rasgulla is a syrupy dessert popular in the Indian subcontinent and regions with South Asian diaspora. It is made from ball shaped dumplings of chhena (an Indian cottage cheese) cooked in light syrup made of sugar.
For Paneer Balls:
Full cream milk – 1 Litre
Lemon juice – 2 to 4 Tbsp
Water – 1 cup
For Sugar Syrup
Sugar – 2 Cup
Water – 8 glass
Making Paneer Balls:
- Boil milk in a thick bottom pan,add lemon juice and stir well.
- Stir till milk curdles completely & immediately drain into clean cotton cloth. Pour some water in the paneer to remove excess lemon contain in it.
- Hang for about 30 min till the water drains out completely.
- Take the paneer in a bowl and knead paneer till it becomes smooth without any grains of milk appx 10-15 min.
- Now make small balls of the paneer and keep aside.
Making Sugar syrup:
- Take sugar in a pan and add water.
- Boil the syrup for 10 min on low flame and than add the paneer ball.
- Cover and let it boil for another 10 -12 min.
- Cool completely and Serve Chilled.