Gatte is authentic dish from the land of Rajasthan. Its a gram flour dumpling cooked with spicy curd gravy. This dish can be enjoy either with Chapati, or Rice. But I love to eat it with Dal and Baati…
Besan (Gram Flour) – 1 cup
Curd – 2 Tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1Tsp
Fennel Seeds (sauf)- 1 tsp
Kasoori Methi – 1 tsp
Oil – 2 Tbsp
Hing – A pinch
Salt to taste
Water for Boiling Gatte
Curd – 1 Cup
Hing – 1/4 tsp
Besan (Gram Flour ) – 2Tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/2tsp
Red chilli Powder – 1Tsp (As per heat )
Coriander Powder – 1Tsp
Garam Masala – 1/2Tsp
Cumin Seeds – 1/4 tsp
Mustard Seeds – 1/4 tsp
Salt to Taste
- In a Bowl mix Besan, Turmeric Powder, Red Chilli Powder , Sauf, Kasoori Methi (Crushed between Your hands ),Hing, salt, Curd, Oil. Mix well and make a tough dough (Add water if needed)
- Divide the dough in equal parts & with the help of your palms roll them out make into cylindrical shape.
- Boil enough water in a pan & add these rolls and cook for about 10-15 min (it will starts floating above water ). Strain the water and keep the gattas aside to cool down.
Don’t through the water away.
- Once cool , cut into pieces (round shape ).
- In a bowl take curd & mix all the dry ingredients except hing.( It will prevents masala from burning when cooked)
- Heat oil in a pan, add hing , cumin seeds, mustard seeds. Once mustard splutter add curd mix with masala & mix well.
- Add besan in a leftover water mix well to avoid lumps, and add this mixture. Boil for some time until gravy gets thicken.
- Add Gatte and mix well.
- Cover & cook for about 10 min. Open the lid and you can smell such a wonderful Fragrance.
- Serve Hot with Chapatti.
Note: If you want more gravy add more water.