Corn chat is basically prepared with sweet corn kernels.Unlike all tradition chat recipe corn chat can be made very quick and its taste delicious.
Most people make this with fresh sweet corn kernels, but since i have frozen i made with this, and its taste awesome and less time consuming.
I remember the days when i was in college and working , whenever i used to go to mall to watch movie, I always love to eat corn chat with lots of flavour like spicy, buttery, etc.You can have this chat anytime as a snack or as a salad.You can prepare this healthy and nutritious chaat for your kids, when they come back from school (For kids you can avoid red chilli powder).
If you want you can add chopped onions, tomato, green chilli, coriander leaves, etc. But I love my corn chat this way only.
Quick Spicy Corn Chat
- 2 Cup Sweet Corn Kernels Frozen
- 1 tsp Butter
- 1/4 tsp Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder
- 1/4 tsp Cumin Powder
- 2 Tbsp Lime Juice
- 3/4 tsp Chat Masala
- Salt to taste
- Soak the frozen corn kernels in water. and drain them properly.
- Heat 1 tsp of butter and add the corn kernels, saute for 2 minutes. Roast till kernels are nice, warm and aromatic .
- Transfer them in a bowl and let them cool.
- Now mix all the dry spices along with lime juice. Mix well , making sure the corn all well coated with the spices.
- Transfer them in a glass or cup.
- Corn Chat is ready to dig in....