Phirni is a creamy pudding made up of rice, milk and sweetened with sugar. This creamy dessert is very easy to make and liked by many. Apart from phirni, rice kheer and seviyan kheer are two similar sweet recipes which are equally popular in north India and made on festive occasions.
While meals are also important but at the same time, snacks and desserts are also important. So, whenever I am in a dilemma to make something special in sweet, the answer is Phirni. My sister-in-law doesn’t like phirni but when I made Phirni she loved it and asked me to make again. Simple to make, popular and delicious, Phirni will be a winner at your dining table.
So, lets start making the phirni. Step wise step photo is attached below with the detailed recipe for your convenience. If you like the recipe don’t forget to like , share and comments.
For the more sweet recipe visit my Dessert collections…
- 1 ltr Full Fat Milk
- 1/2 Cup Sugar As Per taste
- 3 Tbsp Basmati Rice Saoked in water
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom Powder
- Dry Fruits Chopped
- 2 Pcs Mango Puree
- Take milk in a pan and bring it to boil.Keep on stirring the milk until it gets thickens. Keep the gas on low flame.
- Drain the rice and coarsely grind it.
- Now add the coarsely grinded rice in the milk
- Now cook the rice until rice cooked well.
- Now add sugar till the milk gets thicken and becomes creamy.
- Add cardamom and mix well.Now keep the phirni aside to get cooled at room temperature.
- Now add Mango Pure and mix well. Keep in the refrigerator to get cool.
- Garnish with chopped dry fruits and served chilled.