Nutty and crunchy peanut chikki is ideal snacks during winter seasons. Making these gajak at home is very easy and fun.
It is healthy, delicious and tradition candy made with peanut and jaggery. It can be eaten alone or with another snacks, it is a perfect replacement of chocolates for kids.
Makar sankranti aaye and chikki na ho, festival khuch adhura sa lagta hai… So lets make peanut chikki…
Peanut Chikki Recipe
- 150 gm Peanut
- 150 gm Jaggery
- 1 tsp Ghee
- 3/4 Cup Water
- Heat pan on a moderate heat and dry roast peanut for 4 - 5 minutes. stir occasionally and don't make them black.
- Turn off the flame and allow it to cool.
- Rub between your palms and remove the skin and also break them into 2 pieces.
- Now in a pan add jaggery and water. Allow jaggery to melt and boil until you get the desired consistency.
- Add peanut and mix well and switch off the flame.
- Grease the steel plate with ghee and pour the mixture on it.
- Spread evenly all over the plate.Allow it to cool.
- Cut into desired shape when it is still hot. Than cool down completely at room temperature.
- Tasty and crunchy peanut chikki is ready .