All it takes is just one bite to fall in love with this juicy parmesan chicken with tomato & basil. You will be surely be Enamored to this yummy parmesan chicken.
All-purpose flour – 3/4 cup
Eggs beaten – 2
Bread crumbs – 1/2cup
Parmesan cheese grated – 1/4 cup
Boneless chicken breasts – 2 cut in half and lightly pounded to ¼ -inch thick
Lemons – 1
Olive oil for shallow frying
Tomatoes – 2 chopped
Garlic cloves – 2 minced
Olive oil – 1 Tbsp
Balsamic Vinegar – 1tsp
Basil leaves – 5-6 chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
Prepare Tomato Topping:
- In a bowl add chopped tomato, garlic minced, basil, balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Mix well.
- Add Salt and pepper to taste. Keep aside.
Prepare Parmesan Chicken:
- Slice each chicken breast in half lengthwise and place on a sheet of wax paper.
- Cover with another sheet and pound each breast to equal thickness with a meat mallet.
- Put the flour, eggs, and the bread crumbs mixed with Parmesan cheese each separately in 3 shallow dishes.
- Pat the chicken dry and season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Coat each breast into the flour, followed by egg and finally with bread crumbs and cheese mixture.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan and put the chicken breast in the pan. Cook the chicken for about 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Turn the chicken and cook until equally brown on the other side, about 2 minutes more.
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice over the top.
- Transfer chicken to a paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Place chicken on a platter and top up with tomato topping.
- Garnish with some grated parmesan cheese and basil leaves. Serve Hot.