Paneer Tikka is an Indian dish made from chunks of Paneer marinated in spices and are then arranged on a stick with Capsicum, Onions and Tomatoes grilled in a Tandoor. It is a Vegetarian alternative to Chicken Tikka .Traditionally it was made in Tandoor, with time and trend now, they are also made in oven and gas stove.
Paneer – 500gm
Green Capsicum – 1
Yellow Capsicum- 1
Red Capsicum – 1
Tomatoes – 2
Onion – 2
Bamboo Skewers – 9-10
Ingredients for Marinations:
Thick Yoghurt – 1 cup
Besan / Gram flour – 1/2 cup
Ajwain – 1 tsp
Garam Masala – 1 tsp
Kashmiri Red Chilli – 1Tbsp
Chicken Tandoori Masala – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Chaat Masala – 1 tsp
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 Tsp (optional)
Lemon Juice – 1 Tbsp (optional)
Mustard Oil – 2 Tbsp
Oil – 3 Tbsp
Oil – for Shallow fry
Salt to Taste
- Cut Paneer into 1″ cubes , and all the vegetables into 1″ pieces.
- Separate the different layers of onion.
- Heat 3 Tbsp of oil in a Pan, add ajwain and saute till aromatic.
- Add besan , saute till its raw flavour disappears and aromatic.
- In a large bowl , put the besan mixture. when it gets cool add yoghurt, ginger garlic paste (optional), chilli powder, turmeric powder, chicken tandoori masala, garam masala, Chat Masala ,salt, lemon juice(optional). Mix well.
- Now add Mustard oil and mix well.
- Now add all the Paneer and vegetables in the mixture and mix well, so that all the pieces gets coated with the marination well.
- Set aside for at least 1 hour.
- Take a skewers now put paneer pieces followed by capsicum, tomato and onions.
- Heat oil in a grill pan, Put the skewers with paneer, capsicum, tomato and onions on grill pan.
- When one side gets golden brown, gently lift and turn. Do this with all the sides.
- When all sides done remove the Tikka on a Serving plate.
- Serve Hot with Green Chutney with some Onions rings sprinkled with Chat Masala & lemon slices.