Palak paneer is a vegetarian dish from the Indian Subcontinent, consisting of paneer in a thick paste made from pureed spinach and seasoned with garlic, garam masala, and other spices. Its a creamy and rich and delight to eat.
Baby Spinach (Palak) leaves – 2 bunches
Paneer – 250 gm
Onion – 2 finely sliced
Green Chilli – 2-3
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 Tbsp
Oil – 2Tbsp
Coriander Powder – 1 Tbsp
Turmeric Powder -1/2 tsp
Garam Masala -1tsp
Black Salt – 1/4 tsp
Lemon juice – few drops
Salt to taste
- Blanch Spinach leaves in sufficient water for 30-40 sec. Remove and directly put in Ice cold water. Squeeze out excess water and make puree.
- Heat oil in a Pan. Add cumin seeds, Ginger garlic paste, green chilli.
- Saute for a while and add sliced onions.
- When onions gets brown. Add Spinach Puree & some water.
- Mix well, let it come to simmer.
- Add Coriander powder, Turmeric Powder, Garam Masala , Salt and mix well.
- Now add cottage Cheese cubes, lemon juice. Cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add cream mix well.Switch of the heat.
- Drizzle some fresh cream & Serve How with Chappati, Naan, etc