Pad Thai, or “Phad Thai”, is a stir-fried rice noodle dish commonly served as a street food and at casual local eateries in Thailand.
It is made with soaked dried rice noodles, which are stir-fried with eggs and chopped firm tofu, and is flavoured with tamarind pulp, fish sauce, dried shrimp, garlic or shallots, red chili pepper and palm sugar and served with lime wedges and often chopped roasted peanuts.
My Pad Thai recipe is perfect for those who want a lighter noodle dish without the meat. Since I don’t eat fish so i made vegetarian version of Pad Thai which taste similar to authentic Pad Thai.
Veg Pad Thai Recipe
- 250 gm Rice Noodles Boiled
- 2 Tbsp Crushed Peanuts
- 1/2 Bell pepper Thinly sliced
- 1/2 Carrot Thinly sliced
- 1/2 Cup Onions Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Mushroom chopped
- 1/2 Cup Brocolii Florets
- 50 gm Panner sliced
- 1 tsp garlic Crushed
- 1/4 tsp Ginger Crushed
- 3 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Spring onins
- 2 Tbsp Tamarind Pulp
- 1 Tbsp Soya Sauce
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Water
- 1 tsp Chilli Flakes
- 2 Tbsp Chilli Sauce
- 4 Tbsp Sprouted Moong
- Heat oil in a pan. Add crushed ginger and garlic, saute for few seconds.
- Now add chopped onions, saute for a minute.
- Now add sliced bell pepper, carrot, mushroom and brocolli. Saute until vegetables becomes soft.
- Now add half the crushed peanuts.
- In a bowl mix together, soya sauce, brownsugar, tamarind and water. Mix well. Add this sauce to the pan.
- Now add chilli sauce and mix well.
- Now add rice noodles and mix well. Now add panner and 2 tsp of sprouted moong.
- Mix well and cook for a minute or so.
- Garnish with chopped peanuts , sprouted moong and serve hot.