Murmura or Puffed Rice snack is a quick snack that can be made in less than 10 minutes and loved by everyone in the house from kids to elders.
The recipe has fewer calories and healthier option compared to other street food and its a Best Tea Time Snacks with very less oil. One can add green chillies, red chilli in it but I just kept it simple.
Murmura / Puffed Rice Snack
- 3 Cups Puffed Rice
- 1/2 Cup Roasted Peanuts
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- Few Curryy leaves
- Salt To taste
- Take a nonstick pan .Add oil .
- When the oil is hot add mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- When seeds starts spluttering add curry leaves.
- Now add turmeric powder and mix well.
- Now add puffed rice and mix well. Keep on stirring for 3-4 minutes until it becomes crunchy.
- Add salt to taste.
- Add roasted peanuts and mix well.
- Quick Quarnatine Murmura snacks is ready to eat.
- You can also store this in an an air tight conatiner.