Fenugreek commonly known as methi in Hindi and vendhayam in Tamil, is a popular ingredient in many North and South Indian dishes and home remedies. Methi has ton of medicinal benefits.
Fenugreek (Methi) leaves – 250 gm finely chopped
Green peas – 1/2 cup
Fresh cream – 1/2 cup
Oil – 2 tsp
Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
Tomato – 2
Ginger – 1 inch
Green chillies – 1-2
Cashewnuts – 10-12
Sugar – 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Red chilli powders – 1/2 tsp
Asafoetida – a pinch
Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
- Pluck the methi leaves and wash them thoroughly and finely chopped.
- Take fresh or frozen peas and wash them.
- Make a fine paste of tomatoes, green chillies, ginger and Cashewnuts.
- Boil some water in a pan, add methi leaves and peas.
- Cover with lid and make them boil for 5 min on low flame or till the peas gets soft.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add Asafoetida, Cumin seeds, Coriander powder and tomato mixture, red chilli powder.
- Cook the mixture than add fresh cream, cook for 2-3 minutes and add gram masala.
- Add boil methi leaves and peas. Add salt to taste and sugar.
- Add 1/2 cup of water and Mix well. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Serve HOT with Chappati or Paratha.