Mawa Tikki is a North India sweets made up of mawa based dough stuffed with dry fruits and deep fry this dumpling till golden brown and soaked in sugar syrup and then serve Hot.
This is so easy, that I love making it and it comes out so beautifully. You all will love the crispness, richness and sweetness in the rich texture of the Tikki. You can make mawa at home also but in order to save time I used the ready-made mawa that I bought from the store.
I know that everyone is busy in making Gujia but I would also suggest you take out some mawa from your Gujia and try this awesome and fantastic sweet this HOLI at your home…
WISHING YOU ALL A VERY HAPPY & SAFE HOLI !!!
- 250 gm Mawa
- 100 gm All Purpose flour/ Maida
- 1.5 Cup Sugar
- 1.5 Cup Water
- 4-5 Pcs Cardamom
- A Pinch Saffron
- 2-3 drops Rose Water
- Dry Fruits (Chopped Almonds, Cashewnuts, Pistachio, Chironji)
- Ghee/ Clarified Butter For Frying
- Milk As required
- For sugar syrup add water to sugar in a Pan.
- When water starts boiling add cardamom, saffron and rose water. Make 1 string syrup.
- In a plate add khoya and all-purpose flour.
- Add some milk and knead a soft dough. Keep the dough aside for 10 minutes.
- Take a lemon size ball, flattened in your palm and fill it with chopped dry fruits.
- Sealed all the corners and give it a Tikki shape.
- Deep fry all the Tikki in clarified butter until golden brown from both the sides.
- Take it out from the kadhai.
- Put all the Tikki in the sugar syrup for 20 minutes.
- Garnish with dry fruits and serve.