Lauki Halwa is easy to make but takes some time. It is just like a gajar ka halwa we have to stirred continuously . There are two ways of making the halwa Lauki halwa is easy to make but takes some time.
This Halwa is mainly prepared during Navratri or during fasting, but you can make anytime . There are many ways of making this halwa but the two common ways are- Either cook lauki directly in milk or saute lauki first in some ghee and then cook in milk.
Lauki Ka Halwa
- 500 gm Lauki / Bottle guard
- 1 Cup Milk Full Fat Milk
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Ghee/ Clarified Butter
- Drfruits As Per your Choice
- 1/4 tsp Cradamom Powder
- Wash and Peel the bottle gourd/ lauki.
- Now grate the lauki with the grater .(Before making the halwa make sure that lauki is not sour and bitter)
- Take a non stick kadhai put the clarified butter and roast the dryfruits.
- Now in the same clarified butter put the grated lauki and saute on medium flame .
- Saute till the lauki shrinks( moisture dries ) slightly and changes colour.
- Now add 1 cup of milk and mix well.
- Cook on a low to medium-low flame till the milk comes to a boil. In between keep on stirring.
- Cook till the milk gets thicken and lauki cooks completely.
- Now add sugar. Mix well .
- Cook till the halwa mixture starts coming together and thickens.
- Now add roasted drfruits and cardamom powder and mix well.
- Serve Hot.