Do you know what happens when Punjab meets Rajasthan… Yummy Meal gets ready. Yes, I am talking about Langarwali Dal with Bejar ki Roti.
This Dal (Lentil) recipe has a delicious and healthy blend of two dals and a spicy zing reminding of the authentic langar wali dal. One day I visited gurudwara with my friends and family and I had a meal, I was so overwhelmed by eating the meal, the very next day I cannot resist myself without trying this dal. I made this dal in lunch with authentic Bejar ki roti of Rajasthan.
Check Bejar Ki Roti Recipe…
LangarWali Dal With Bejar ki Roti
- 1 1/2 Cup Whole black gram Wash and soak for 6-7 hours
- 1/2 Cup Split Bengal Gram Wash and soak for 6-7 hours
- 2 Medium Onion Chopped
- 2 Green Chilli
- 7-8 Garlic Cloves
- 1/2 inch Ginger
- 2 tbsp Ghee/ Clarified Butter
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 2 Toamtoes Chopped.
- 3/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida
- 2 tsp Red Chilli Powder As Per Taste
- 1 1/2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 2 tbsp Coriander leaves Finely Chopped
- Water As Required
- Salt As Per taste.
- Wash and Pressure cook the lentils by adding, Asafoetida, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 1tsp red chilli powder, Salt to taste. Cook for 5-6 whistle.
- Take the mortar and crush the green chilli, ginger and garlic.
- Heat the pan add 2 tbsp of clarified butter, add cumin seeds. When it gets splutter add chopped onion. Cook until they are golden brown.
- Add crushed ginger, garlic and green chilli paste. Cook for 1 minute. Add chopped tomatoes.
- Add 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder, 1 tsp of red chilli powder(as per taste), 11/2 tsp coriander powder,1 1/2 tsp garam masala. Mix well. Cook until the masala is well cooked and tomatoes become soft and mushy.
- Now add 11/2 cup of water . When the water starts boiling add the pressure cooked dal. Mix well. Add the salt if needed.
- Slightly mash the dal with a masher . Add 2 tbsp of chopped coriander leaves. Mix well.
- Langarwali wali Dal is ready to serve. I love eating this Dal with authentic Bejar ki roti with some butter over it.