Rava Idli is a very popular South Indian breakfast dish which is healthy and irresistible and very simple to prepare at home. Now a days instant rava idli mix are available in the market but nothing can beat the taste of authentic soft, fluffy home made rava idli.
Idli is a traditional breakfast in South Indian households, where it is a popular breakfast dish. Idli is a savoury cake that is popular throughout India and neighbouring countries like Sri Lanka.
Instant Rava Idli
- 1.5 Cup Semolina
- 3/4 Cup Curd
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp Urad Dal
- 1 tsp Chana Dal
- 12 Curry Leaves
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- 1.5 Cup Water
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, when seeds get splutter add urad dal, chana dal.
- Saute the dal till golden brown , add curry leaves. Add Semolina and dry roast until aromatic. Make sure it doesn't changes it colour. Make it cool.
- In a bowl add semolina mixture, curd , salt to taste and 1 cup of water. Mix well and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes add 1/2 cup of water or as required. Add baking soda and baking powder. Mix well.
- Pour the batter in to a grease the molds with some oil and steam it on a medium flame for 7-8 minutes.
- Once it gets cool down, remove prepared idli from it.
- Serve with Coconut Chutney.