Malpua is a pancake served as a dessert or a snack originating from the Indian subcontinent, popular in India and Bangladesh. It is a very popular dish of Odisha and is also served to Lord Jagannath of Puri in his Sakala Dhupa.
For Malpua Batter
- 1 Cup All Purpose flour/ Maida
- 1/2 Cup Milk Powder
- 2 Tbsp Rawa
- 1/2 tsp Fennel Seeds crushed
- 1 Cup Milk
- Ghee For Frying
For Sugar Syrup
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom Powder
- Dry fruits for garnishing Chopped Pistachio and almonds
- In a bowl take all purpose flour, milk powder, rawa, fennel seeds mix well.
- Now add milk and whisk well to make a smooth flowing consistency thick batter.Add more milk if required. Rest for 20 minutes.
- Now heat ghee in a kadhai and now prepare the malpua by pouring 2-3 tbsp of batter in a ladle over hot ghee.shallow fry in medium heat.
- Flip over and fry both sides till the malpua gets cooked completely and becomes golden brown and crisp.
- Drain off the oil and dip in sugar syrup. Soak them in syrup for 5 minutes or until it absorbs sugar syrup.
- Garnish malpua recipe with few chopped dry fruits.