Jalebi, also known as zulbia, is a sweet popular in countries of South Asia, West Asia, North Africa, and East Africa. It is made by deep-frying maida flour batter in circular shapes, which are then soaked in sugar syrup. Jalebi making usually takes time so why not give try to this instant rava jalebi which is quick, easy, crunchy and yummy to eat. So why not offer this Rava Jalebi to goddes Durga as a Prasad.
Instant Home Made Rava Jalebi Recipe
- 1 cup Semolina/ Suji
- 1/4 cup All Purpose flour/ Maida
- 1/2 cup Curd
- 2 drops Food Color
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- Ghee to fry
- 1 1/2 cup Sugar
- 4 Green Cardamom
- 1 tsp Lime Juice
- In a bowl add whisked curd, semolina, all purpose flour and food color, add 3/4 cup of water. Mix well and make a thick batter. Keep the batter aside for 30 minutes.
- Make Sugar syrup by adding 1 cup of water in sugar.
- Cook, stirring till the syrup attains a one - string consistency. Add coarsely grinded cardamom and 1 tsp of lime juice.
- Now add baking soda and mix well.
- In a flat pan add ghee and heat it on medium low flame. Pour the batter in a cone with a hole and stream into the pan to form coils. Make a few at a time.
- Cook the jalebi from both the sides until crispy and golden brown from all over.
- Remove the jalebi from the ghee and put them in a sugar syrup immediately. Allow them to remain in the syrup for 2-3 minutes so that they soak the syrup.
- Take the jalebi out of the syrup and serve hot.