Vermicelli Upma is a healthy, tasty and colorful dish. It is equally great for breakfast or snack. Vermicelli is also known as seviyan. This is an easy recipe to make.
- Vermicelli – 1 1/2 cup
- Onion – 1 chopped
- Curry leaves – 10-12
- Coriander leaves – 3 Tbsp
- Green Chilli – 2 slit
- Roasted Peanuts – 1/4 cup ( coarsely crushed)
- Peas – frozen – 1/2 cup
- Oil – 3-4Tbsp
- Water – 1 1/2 cup
- salt to taste
- Black Pepper to taste
- Heat 1 Tbsp of oil in a kadhai. Add vermicelli and roast on medium heat, stirring continuously , till crispy and fragrant. Remove from heat and keep aside.
- Add remaining oil in the same pan. Add mustard seeds and let them splutter.
- Add curry leaves, green chilli and chopped onion. Mix well and saute for 2-3 minutes until onions are light brown.
- Add roasted vermicelli, stir well and add water mix well.
- Now add salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
- Cover the lid and let it cook on medium heat for 3-4 minutes. Keep on stirring in between.
- When vermicelli is 3/4th done and water is absorbed. Add peas and coarsely crushed peanuts. Mix well and cover the lid let it cook until vermicelli is done.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and cashews on top. Serve Hot.