Want to impress your family and friends? Try this brunch idea with a Mexican twist – tortillas with a fresh tasty tomatoes, avocado, onion and Silky Egg. Don’t forget the hot Mexican chillies :p
Avocado – 1 Ripe
Lime – 1
Tomato – 1 cut into circle
Cheery tomato – 3- 4 cut into half
Red Chilli – 1 chopped
Green Chilli – 1 chopped
Onion – 1 cut into circles
Coriander leaves – chopped
Spring onion – chopped
Butter – 1 Tbsp
Cheddar Cheese – 3 Tbsp
Whole Wheat Tortilla – 2
Eggs – 5
Chilli Sauce – as per taste
Tabasco sauce – as per taste
Salt to taste
Black Pepper – to taste
- Halved, Peel and chop the Avocado. Sprinkle some lime juice, salt and pepper and keep aside.
Citrus (lemon) juice will make sure avocado doesn’t turn black
- Arrange the rest of the toppings ingredients on your plate – tomato, onion, chilli and sprinkle some lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Quickly reheat the tortilla in a hot dry pan for 20 sec on each side until warmed through. Wrap them in aluminium foil to keep them warm and keep aside.
Make sure tortilla’s don’t get too crispy
- Beat the eggs in a bowl with cheddar cheese, salt and pepper .
- Melt butter in a large frying pan on a medium heat and pour the eggs. As eggs begin to set, gently pull the eggs across the pan with a spatula, forming large soft curds.
- Lightly lift the pan continue gently stirring and turning the egg. Keep an eye on it and stir gently for a minute or so, until eggs are starting to scramble but are still loose. Sprinkle some chopped spring onions.
- Get your 2 plates and lay a warm tortilla on each plate. Top it up with tomato, onion, cherry tomato and avocado.
- Divide the scrambled eggs between them. Garnish with coriander leaves & spring onions.
- Drizzle some chilli sauce, tabasco sauce and some grated cheese.
- Healthy, Beautiful Tortilla Brunch is ready to dive in.