Moong Dal Chilla is made from moong beans, moong beans is a plant species in the legume family. The mung bean is mainly cultivated in Pakistan, India, China, Korea, and Southeast Asia. It is used as an ingredient in both savory and sweet dishes. Today we will prepare Moong Dal Chilla which has Grainy texture at top and smooth taste inside…
Whole Moong – 2 cup (soaked overnight)
Onion – 1 chopped (Medium size)
Garlic – 1 inch chopped
Oil for Shallow fry
Salt to taste
Water as required
Garlic – 2 cloves finely chopped
Green Chilli – 2 chopped
Carrot – 1/2 cup chopped
Corn kernel – 1/2 cup
Paneer – 1 cup grated
Coriander leaves – 2-3 Tbsp
Salt to taste
Black Pepper – 1/4 tsp
Oil – 2 tsp
Let prepare stuffing first:
- Heat oil in a Pan.
- Add chopped garlic, green chili. Saute for few seconds.
- Add chopped carrot, corn kernels, salt and black pepper.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes. Make sure that vegetables are crunchy.
- Take out mixture in a bowl and let it cool.
- Now add grated paneer and coriander leaves.
- Mix well and keep aside.
Now lets make the Chilla:
- In a blender add soaked whole moong dal, chopped onions and ginger.
- Blend into a smooth batter by adding 4 – 5 Tbsp of water.
- Take the batter in bowl and add salt to taste.
Make sure batter is not too thick, add water and maintain the consistency of batter.
- Now heat tawa and grease it with some oil.
- Spread a ladle full of batter to a thin disc. Drizzle little oil and cook on medium heat till underside is done.
- Carefully flip over and cook till the other side is done too.
- Now flip again and spread 2-3 Tbsp stuffing.
- Fold the chilla from both the sides, just like a roll.
- Cut the Chilla in half and Serve Hot with tomato ketchup.
Watch more videos on our youtube channel Cooking with Sweta