Rava kesari or kesari bath is a south Indian sweet that is often made for festive occasions or special days. Rava kesari is made with semolina, sugar and a pinch of saffron or food color. Since navratri is going on so I made this Rava Kesari as my Birthday Cake..All my friends and family just loved it and said wowwwww.
Rav – 1/2 cup
Water – 1 cup
Ghee – 4 Tbsp
Sugar – 3/4 cup ( As per taste)
Cashewnuts – 10
Raisins – 1 Tbsp
Almonds – 5-6
Saffron mix in water – 2 Tbsp ( Soak few treads in hot water for 10 minutes)
Cardamom Powder – 1/4tsp
- Heat 2 Tbsp of ghee and roast cashewnuts, almonds & raisins on low flame. Once they turn light golden brown keep aside.
- Now in the same ghee roast rava for 3-4 minutes or until it turns aromatic. Keep aside.
- In a large pan boil 1 cup water, keeping the flame low add roasted rava, stir continuously till the rava absorbs water and there is no lumps.
- Add sugar, stir well till the sugar dissolves. Now add saffron water.
- Also add remaining ghee and stir continuously. Make sure the mixture is combined well and there is no lumps.
- Cover and simmer for 2 minutes or till rava gets cooked well completely.
- Now add roasted cashewnuts, raisins, almonds and cardamom powder. Mix well till rava kesari seperates from pan.
- Garnish with Cashewnuts & Almond. Serve Hot or Cold.