Scallion Paratha is just yummy very unique type of paratha. I love cooking and experimenting in cooking, this dish just came out to be too yummy. Just try it and you gonna love it.
All-purpose flour – 1 and 1/2 cup
Boiling water – 1/2 cup
Olive oil – 1/4 cup
Scallions / Spring onion – 5 thinly sliced
Oil for shallow fry
Salt to taste
Black Pepper to taste
- Add flour and 1 teaspoon salt in a large bowl.
- Add the boiling water and stir with a spatula (spoon) until blended.
- Make a soft dough by kneading it approximately 5 minutes. The dough should be elastic yet firm. Cover with a damp cloth and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Add olive oil and scallions in a small bowl and set aside.
- Divide the dough into 4 pieces and keep covered. One at a time, roll each piece into a circle (5-6 inches diameter).
- Spread one-quarter of the scallion mixture evenly over 1 dough piece.
- Now roll the dough tightly like a jelly roll and coil the dough into circle. Cover and set aside.
Click Here to check what is jelly roll and make sure you roll in same way
- Flatten each coil with your hand on a floured surface, then roll with a floured rolling pin into a thin 8-inch circle.
- Carefully transfer the paratha to a large plate lined with parchment (Butter Paper). Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat the tawa on medium flame and brush the tawa with some oil.
- Place the paratha on the tawa and cook until golden brown and crispy in spots , 1 to 2 minutes per side by applying some oil on both side.
- Transfer the paratha to a paper towel. Repeat with the remaining paratha.
- Scallion (Spring Onion) paratha goes well with Paneer Tikka Masala or Egg Curry Masala.