Sabudana (Sago) plays a key role during fasts in North India as well as in states like Maharashtra. Tomorrow is Janmashtami; Snacks, meals and desserts made of sabudana are very popular on the day. So if you have chosen to keep the auspicious fast and are fretting as to how you will pass the day without your favourite delicacies, worry not. So presenting this beautiful healthy sabudana kebab recipe for janmashtami, which can be prepared in a Jiffy.
Soaked Sabudana (Sago) – 1 cup Soaked overnight
Boiled Potato – 2 mashed
Beetroot – grated – 1/2 cup
Carrot grated – 1/2 cup
Coriander leaves – 2 Tbsp chopped
Green Chilli – 2 chopped
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
Cumin powder – 1 tsp
Lime juice – 1 tbsp
Sendha Namak (Rock salt) – As per taste
Oil for shallow fry
Skewer or Ice Cream Candy Stick- 10
- In a large bowl take sabudana. Add mashed potato, grated beetroot, grated carrot, chopped coriander leaves, green chilli chopped.
- Add cumin powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder , salt and lime juice.
- Mix well like a soft dough.
- Put small portion of this dough onto the seekh or skewers and shape it like kebab.
- Greece the grill pan with little oil and gently place the kebab.
- Flip them regularly till it is crisp and cooked.
Cook it on medium flame
- Serve hot with green chutney.