Do you know that raw Bhindi (Okra) is negligible in fat, 90% water, 2% protein and 7% carbohydrates. So i have this healthy okra recipe to you slim and trim just like those okra’s 🙂
Bhindi (Okra) – 15 Medium Size
Kashmiri red chilli powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
Dry mango powder – 1tsp
Asafoetida – A pinch
Ginger Garlic paste – 1tsp
Salt to taste
Semolina – 1/2 cup
Oil – 2 Tbsp
- Wash the bhindi and wipe off clean, cut the head and tail.
- Slice the bhindi into half vertically.
- Add in chilli powder, turmeric powder, dry mango powder, hing, ginger garlic paste, salt to taste.
- Add rava and mix well. Keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan and add bhindi. Mix well; Cover and simmer for 4-5 minutes or till bhindi cooks well.
- Flip over and cook well until bhindi turns crispy and golden.
- Serve Bhindi Fry as a side dish in main course.