Rajma or Razma is a popular South Asian vegetarian dish consisting of red kidney beans in a thick gravy with many Indian whole spices and usually served with rice.
Kidney beans (Rajma) – 1 cup (soaked overnight)
Onion – 2 (Paste)
Tomato – 3 (Puree)
Ginger Garlic paste – 2 Tbsp
Mustard oil – 2 Tbsp
Turmeric – 1 tsp
Red chilli powder – 1tsp
Coriander powder – 2 Tbsp
Garam Masala -1 Tbsp
Meat Masala – 1 tsp (optional)
Coriander leaves chopped – 2 Tbsp
Salt as per taste
- Drain overnight soaked kidney beans (Rajma) and wash in fresh water and put into a pressure cooker.
- Add 4-5 cups of water and salt. Cook under pressure till 4-5 whistles.
- Now heat oil in a pan. When oil is hot add onion paste and saute well until light brown.
- Now add ginger garlic paste. Cook until raw flavour is gone and onion gets golden brown.
- Now add turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala, red chilli powder and salt.
Don’t forget we have also added some salt in rajma while pressure cook
- Mix well. Now add tomato puree and mix well.
- Let it cook for 4-5 minutes till the masala cooks well.
- Now add rajma and mix well. Add water as required. Mix well again.
- Add chopped coriander leaves and Meat masala. Mix well and let it simmer for 2-3 minute.
- Serve Hot with Rice and some Onions
Find more recipe video’s on my youtube channel Cooking with Sweta