Rabri is a sweet, condensed-milk-based dish, originating from the Indian subcontinent, made by boiling the milk on low heat for a long time until it becomes dense and changes its color to pinkish. Let’s prepare fingerlicious Rabri with hint of saffron.
Full cream milk – 1 litre
Sugar – 2-3 Tbsp
Saffron strands – 1/4 tsp
Cardamom powder – 1/2tsp
Milk masala powder – 1 tsp
- In wide pan add milk, sugar, saffron strands and cardamom powder.
- Let the milk boil on a high flame. Once it boils bring the flame to medium and gently move the cream layers towards the side of the pan and stick it to the pan.
- Keep on simmering the milk and collecting the cream layers on the side.
- Boil milks till it comes down to one third quantity. Add tsp of milk masala powder and stir it well.
- Pour it into a bowl and scrape off the cream from the edges. Add the cream into the milk and lightly stir it.
- Chill it completely and garnish it with chopped almonds and Pistachio.
- Rabri is ready to be served with Shahi Tukda .