You may not like to eat pumpkin sabzi but you will surely like eating fingerlicious and tempting Pumpkin Koftas.
Yellow pumpkin – 500 grams
Chickpea flour – 1 cup
Sesame Seeds – 1tsp
Green chilli – 1 chopped
Ginger – 1/2 inch grated
Coriander leaves – 2 Tbsp
Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil for Frying
Tomatoes – 3 puree
Green chilly – 1
Ginger – 1 inch
Curd – ½ cup
Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
Asafoetida – A pinch
Turmeric powder – 1/4tsp
Coriander powder – 2 tsp
Garam masala – 1tsp
Salt -to taste
Gram flour – 2Tbsp
Red chilly powder – 1/2tsp
Oil – 2 Tbsp
Water – 2 cup
Preparation Method :
- Peel, wash and grate the pumpkin, add grated ginger, green chilli, coriander leaves and gram flour. Mix them well.
- Add little water if needed to make a batter for kofta .
- Now heat oil in a kadhai and deep fry the koftas from both sides untill golden brown.When they are done, take out on a paper towel.
- Now for gravy, heat 2 Tbsp oil in a pan, when the oil gets heated, add cumin seeds.
- When seeds gets splutter add coriander powder, turmeric powder.
- Add Ginger and green chilli paste. Saute for a second and add tomato puree. Mix well. Cook on a medium flame until tomato cooks well & oil gets seperate.
- Now add 2 Tbsp of gram flour, mix well and saute for a while. Now add curd.
- Keep on stirring until the mixture starts boiling.
- Now add 2 cups of water, salt and garam masala, mix well. Cover the lid and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Now add fried kofta and cook for another 3-4 minutes, so that the koftas absorbs masala really well.
- Take out on a serving dish and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Pumpkin Kofta curry is ready to eat with chapati, Paratha or with Pumpkin Puri.