Pav bhaji is a fast food dish from Maharashtra, India, consisting of a thick vegetable curry fried and served with a soft bread roll (Pav).
Potatoes – 4 medium boiled
Tomatoes – 3 medium finely chopped
Cauliflower- 1/4 cup grated
Green Peas – 1/2 cup coarsely mashed (frozen / fresh- boil & mashed )
carrot – 1/4 cup grated
Onions- 1 large chopped
Ginger & Garlic Paste – 1 Tbsp
Green capsicum – 1/2 finely chopped
Green chillies – 2 finely chopped
Fresh coriander leaves – chopped
Oil – 3 Tbsp
Salt to taste
Pav bhaji masala – 2 Tbsp
Tomato Paste – 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Boil, cool, peel and grate potatoes.
- Heat oil in a pan and add 1 Tbsp of butter. Add chopped onions, Saute till light brown. Add chopped green chillies and ginger garlic paste. Saute for a minute.
- Add chopped tomatoes and mix well. Add salt and pav bhaji masala. Cook for 3-4 minutes till oil gets seperate.
- Add chopped capsicum, mashed peas, grated cauliflower, grated carrot & grated boiled potatoes and one and a half cups of water.
- Bring it to a boil and simmer for ten minutes, pressing with the masher few times, till all the vegetables are completely mashed.
- Add tomato paste and mix well. let it cook for 2 more minute, stirring continuously.
- Add chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
- Heat butter in a thick-bottomed tawa. Sprinkle some pav bhaji masala .Slice pav horizontally into two and pan fry in butter for half a minute,till pav is crisp and light brown.
- Garnish the bhaji with lemon slice and chopped onions and serve with hot Pav.