Chicken Do Pyaaza is a scrumptious non-vegetarian Punjabi dish made with chicken and two varieties of onions are added into the chicken curry.
Chicken is cooked in onion gravy along with spices so you can well imagine the aroma and the flavour. The dish can be easily made at home and can be served as main course.
Chicken Do Pyaaza is relished with roti or naan mostly.
Chicken – 500 grams
Red Onion – 2 big (finely sliced)
White Onion – 1 (cut in cubes)
Turmeric – 1/2 tsp
Ginger garlic paste – 1tsp
Dry red chili – 4
Chicken Masala – 1tsp
Garam masala – 1 tsp
Coriander leaves – 2 Tbsp
Lime juice – 1tsp
Salt to taste
Yogurt – 1/2 cup
Chili powder – 1 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder – 1/2tsp
Cumin powder – 1/2tsp
Green chili – 3
Oil – 2Tbsp
- Clean and wash the chicken. In a large bowl add chicken pieces, slit them in the middle. Now add 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder, 1/2 tsp of red chilli powder and 1/2 tsp of salt. Mix well and let it rest for 15-20 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan add sliced red onions and salt. Cook the onions until they are golden; then add turmeric, ginger garlic paste and cook this till raw flavour is gone.
- Take yogurt in bowl then add chilli powder, coriander powder, chicken masala, cumin powder and mix it well.
- Add this mixture into the onion mixture and add some water, chicken, green chilli pieces and mix it well. Put the lid on and cook this till chicken is tender.
- Heat oil in another pan and add dry red chilli, white onion pieces, green chilli, saute it. Pour this on the top of the chicken and add garam masala, chopped coriander leaves, lime juice mix it well and switch off the flame.
- Enjoy Chicken Do Pyaza with rice or chapati.