Black Chickpeas (Kala Chana) Masala is healthy and delicious Indian curry. The curry prepared with this recipe has yummy taste and its good source of protein.
Whole black gram – 1 cup soaked for 7-8 hours
Onion – 1 Finely chopped
Oil – 3Tbsp
Dessicated coconut – 3Tbsp
Tomato Paste – 1 Tbsp
Tamarind pulp – 1 tsp
Ginger-Garlic paste – 1 Tbsp
Salt to taste
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Red chilli powder – 1tsp
Garam Masala powder – 1tsp
Cumin powder – 1tsp
Coriander powder – 1Tbsp
- Pressure cook kale chane with some salt for 2- 3 whistle.
- Heat 2 Tbsp oil in a pan. Add chopped onion saute till golden brown and add desiccated coconut, saute on low heat till golden. Remove from heat and cool.
- Grind the roasted onion-coconut mixture along with tamarind pulp and some water to a fine paste.
- Heat 1 Tbsp of oil in a non-stick pan. Add ginger-garlic paste and saute for 30 seconds. Add onion paste. Mix well.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, cumin powder, garam masala and mix well. Saute for 1 minute and add tomato paste. Mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add pressure cooked kale chane. Mix and cook on low heat for 2 minutes.
- Add some water and salt to taste. Mix and cook on low heat for 5-6 minutes.
- Garnish with some coriander leaves and Serve hot.