Pumpkin is an extremely nutrient-dense food, meaning it is chock-full of vitamins and minerals but low in calories.There are many creative ways pumpkin can be incorporated into meals, including desserts, soups, salads, preserves, and even as a substitute for butter. So, I have tried this Pumpkin Puris that every body likes and nobody recognised.
Wheat Flour – 2 cups
Yellow Pumpkin – 2 cups grated
Gram flour – 1/4 cup
Ajwain/ Carom seeds – 2 tsp
Green Chillies – 3 chopped
Salt as per taste
Oil as required
- Wash, peel and grate the pumpkin.
- In a large bowl add wheat flour, gram flour, grated pumpkin.
- Add carom seeds, salt to taste, green chilli and 3 Tbsp of oil. Mix well.
- Knead the dough just like normal puri by adding little water if needed.
- Cover and rest the dough for 10 minutes. Knead the dough again.
- Make small ball of a dough and roll them into small puris of 3 inch.
- Heat oil in a kadhai and deep fry the puris on both sides until golden brown and puffed up.
- Remove and drain excess oil.
- Serve Hot with any vegetables or even with Pumpkin Kofta Curry.
Note: If you want you can boil and than grate the pumpkin.