Raw, fried, roasted in your tadka or added to curries, this little spice is not only delicious but also rich in so many vitamins. It comes with a pack of health benefits that it almost seems unbelievable. Not many know that green chillies are rich in dietary fibre, which is important for a healthy digestive system.
Today i am going to share with you “Green Chilli Pickle” recipe which Harmonize colour, texture and taste. You can eat green chilli with variety of Indian dishes, but it goes best with Dal Tadka and Plain rice.
I would like to thank my friend Jyoti for this yummy Instant Green Chilli Pickle recipe.
Green chili – 100 grams
Mustard Oil – 4 to 5 tsp
Vinegar – 4 tsp
Fennel seeds – 3 tsp
Black Mustard seeds – 3 tsp
Fenugreek seeds – 1.5 tsp
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
Asafoetida – 1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
- Wash and Dry the Chilli. Remove the stem of the chilli and cut into pieces.
- In a kadhai dry roast 1 tsp cumin seeds, 3 tsp mustard seeds, 1.5 tsp Fenugreek seeds, 3 tsp Fennel seeds on low flame for a minute just to remove the moisture.
- Cool completely, and blend to slightly coarse powder.
- In a bowl take the chillies, add coarse powder, asafoetida, Salt, turmeric powder, vinegar and mustard oil .
- Mix well making sure everything is combined well and can be consumed after 2 hours or keep under sun for 2 days for more flavours.
- Serve instant green chilli pickle with rice or roti.