Sandesh (Bengali: সন্দেশ Shôndesh; Sylheti: হান্দেশ Handesh; Hindi: संदेश) is a Bengali dessert created with milk and sugar. Today we will make sandesh with one of the most healthy ingredient i.e. Green Tea. Sometime its just fun to be Casual Chef…
Full cream milk – 1 Litre
Lemon Juice – 2 Tbsp
Powdered sugar – 1/3 cup (50 grams)
Cardamom – 5
Green Tea Powder – a Pinch
Almond – 5 to 7
Preparation Method :
- Take milk in a thick bottomed nonstick – pan and boil it.
- When milk starts boiling add the lemon juice and stir till the milk curdles.
- Strain the chena with cloth and refresh the chena in cold water, so that there is no flavour of lemon in chena.
- Lift the cloth from all sides and squeeze so that excess water drains out.
- Take out the chena in a plate and knead the chena well for 8-10 minutes until smooth.
- Now mix green tea powder and powdered sugar in chena and mix for 4 – 5 minutes.
- Take a non stick pan and place it on flame. Now place chena into it, stir constantly and roast it on low flame for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Turn off the flame and take out chena in a plate. Allow the chena to cool and then mix cardamom powder.
If chena is not soft keep kneading it, until you see chena releasing butter.
- Take small lump from the mixture, roll and then flatten gently.
- Garnish with chopped Almonds and relish eating these scrumptious Sandesh.
Trick: If chena gets dry and is not binding then you add 1 Tbsp warm milk. This will do the magic…