Green beans are eaten around the world, and are often steamed, boiled, stir-fried, or baked in casseroles. I have given it some desi touch and have made a yummylicious side dish which goes best with plain dal and rice or just a chapati.
Green beans (French beans) – 200 gm
Oil- 2 Tbsp
Sesame seeds – 1Tbsp
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp1
Garlic – 4 cloves
Desiccated Coconut – 1tsp
onion – 1 small chopped
Chilly powder – 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
Curry leaves – 5-6
Turmeric -A pinch
Water – 1/4 cup
Preparation Method :
- Dry roast the sesame seeds, cumin seeds, and coconut in a slow flame till golden brown. Switch off the flame.
- Add garlic, salt, red chilli powder. Mix it well and put into the blender make a coarse powder.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds. When mustard seeds starts spluttering, add curry leaves and chopped onion. Saute till onion gets light brown.
- Add chopped beans, add turmeric, salt to taste and water. Mix well, put the lid on and cook till the beans are tender.
- Add the freshly prepared masala powder and mix well. Let it cook for a minute.
- Serve hot with Dal & chapatti or only with Paratha.