We all enjoy Italian style food, and pasta is first dish that comes to our mind when we talk about Spaghetti. I am going to give some desi tadka to spaghetti and turn this Italian special to IndoItaly dish, which we will call “Desi Spaghetti Balls”.
Boiled and chopped spaghetti – 1/2 cup
Plain flour (maida) – 3/4 cup
Butter – 2Tbsp
Milk – 1 cup
Green peas – 1/4 cup (Frozen)
Grated carrot – 1/4 cup
Corn kernels – 1/4 cup (Frozen)
Coriander leaves – 1 Tbsp chopped
Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Black Pepper to taste
Chat Masala – 1/2 tsp
Bread crumbs for rolling
Oil for deep-frying
- Heat the butter in a non-stick pan, add ¼ cup of plain flour and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Add the milk, mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, or till the mixture leaves the sides of the pan, while stirring continuously using a whisk.
- Transfer the mixture into a plate and cool completely.
- Once cooled, add the spaghetti, green peas, grated carrot , corn kernels, red chilli powder, chat masala, salt ( Don’t forget we have also added salt in the flour mixture), coriander leaves and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into equal portions and shape each portion into a round ball.
- Combine ½ cup plain flour and approximately ¾ cup of water in a bowl and mix well. Keep aside.
- Dip the balls in the plain flour-water mixture and roll it in bread crumbs till they are evenly coated from all the sides.
- Refrigerate them for at least 10-15 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, and deep-fry, on a medium flame till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Serve Hot with tomato ketchup.