Do you know that Eating Kadu (Pumpkin) is good for the heart. The fiber, potassium, and vitamin C content in pumpkin all support heart health. Consuming adequate potassium is almost as important as decreasing sodium intake for the treatment of hypertension (high-blood pressure).
Today i am going to share very yummy and pumpkin recipe in Desi Style.
Kadu (Pumkin) – 1/2 kg cut into cubes
Onion – 1 chopped
Mustard oil – 3 Tbsp
Bay leaves – 2
Cinnamon – 1 stick
Whole Red Chilli -3
Asafoetida – A pinch
Cloves – 3-4
Black Pepper – 5-6
Garlic – 3 chopped
Ginger – 1/2 inch chopped
Fennel Seeds – 1tsp
Coraiander seeds – 1tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Fenugreek seeds – 1/2tsp
Tamarind Pulp – 2 tsp
Jaggery 1 inch
salt to taste
- Heat oil in a kadhai. Add Bay leaves, cinnamon, cloves, Black Pepper, Asafoetida. And Saute for a minute.
- Add Chopped garlic and ginger. Saute for a while and add chopped onion. Add whole red chilli . Cook until onions are light brown.
- Now add Fennels Seeds and Coriander seeds. Mix well.
- Add Chopped Pumpkin, salt to taste and turmeric powder.
- Cook until pumpkin is 3/4th done. Then add tamarind pulp and jaggery.
You can also use Tamarind Chutney
- Add Garam masala, red chill powder and crushed fenugreek seeds. Mix well.
- Let it cook until pumpkin is done.
- Chatpate Kadu (Pumpkin) is ready to eat with Chana Dal Paratha.