Broad Beans (सेम ) are a great source of dietary fiber. They are a good source of protein, carbohydrates, vitamins A, B1and B2. This is a recipe for the very traditional breakfast or snack dish of patties made from broad beans.
Broad beans – 1 cup
Green Peas – 1/4 cup
Boiled Potato – 2
Cornflour – 2 Tbsp
Chaat Masala – 1/2 tsp
Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder – 1tsp
Salt – To taste
Oil for shallow fry
- In a blender coarsely grind broad beans and green peas.
- Take the mixture in bowl and add boiled potatoes, cumin powder, red chilli powder, salt red chilli powder and cornflour.
- Mix well and rest the mixture for 30 min in refrigerator.
- Take out from refrigerator and make thick patties.
- Grease the hot tawa (pan) with oil and gently place the patties on it.
- Shallow fry the patties from both the side until golden brown.
- Serve the Hot patties with some greek yoghurt.