Today we will see how to make Biryani Masala at home, an exotic blend of indian spices for mouthwatering biryani rice including veg and non veg biryani rice recipe. Certainly with this homemade ready mix spice powder, you would never go back to ready made biryani masala powder sold in market.
But if you are too lazy to make this, i would recommend using Suhana Biryani Masala.
Coriander / Dhaniya Seeds – 2 Tbsp
Cumin / Jeera – 1 Tbsp
Dried Red Chilli – 3 pcs
Cassia bark (Cinnamon Stick) – 2 inch
Green Cardamom / Elachi – 10 pcs
Cloves / Lavang – 1 tsp
Black Pepper / Kali mirch – 1 Tbsp
Turmeric / Haldi – ½ tsp
Bay Leaf / Tej Patta – 7 pcs
Black Cardamom / Badi Elachi – 3 pcs
Caraway / kala jeera / shahi jeera – 1 Tbsp
Fennel / Saunf – 1 tsp
Dry Fenugreek Leaves / Kasoori Methi – 1 tsp
Nutmeg / jaayaphal – 1 pcs
Mace / javitri – 3 pcs
Star anise / chakkar phool – 3 pcs
- In a thick bottomed pan dry roast red chilli and bay leaf till they turn crisp. keep aside.
- Further dry roast coriander seeds, cumin and caraway seeds till they turn aromatic. keep aside.
- Also dry roast mace, cinnamon stick, nutmeg, cloves, black cardamom, star anise, cardamom, pepper and fennel / saunf.
- Dry roast fenugreek leaves for 30 seconds.
- Transfer all spices to a blender and allow to cool completely.
- Once its cool down add turmeric and blend to fine powder.
- Finally, store biryani masala powder in airtight container and use to prepare biryani.