Bhature is a fluffy deep fired bread prepared from maida or all purpose flour. it is usually served with chole masala and consumed for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Chole Bhature is one of the most popular punjabi recipe which is now liked almost all over india and even abroad.
Check the recipe with step-by-step pics and make fluffy bhature just like this…
- 2 Cup All Purpose flour/ Maida
- 1/4 Cup Curd
- 1/4 Cup Semolina
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- Salt to taste
- Water As Required
- Take all purpose flour, semolina, sugar, salt, curd and oil in a large bowl. And Mix well.
- Slowly add little little water and knead a smooth and soft dough.
- Cover with a muslin cloth and place it in a warm place for 2-3 hours. After 2 hours dough will look like this.
- Divide the dough in to equal parts. Make a ball and press it.
- Roll into a circular shape just like Puri.
- Heat oil in a kadhai on a medium heat, carefully place the bhatura in it. Once they begin to puff, splash oil over the bhatura till they puff completely.
- Flip over and fry the bhatura till golden brown all over.Drain the bhatura on an absorbent paper to remove excess oil.
- Serve Hot Bhatura with Chole.
- Make sure that oil is not overheated , otherwise the bhatura will not puff up and will turn dark immediately.
- Bhatura should not be very thin or very thick.