A simple, healthy and tasty cumin flavoured vegetarian curry recipe which is typically served as side dish to roti’s or chapati. Even goes well with Hot and Fluffy Pooris.
Cumin Batata Fry Recipe
- 3 Potato Boiled, peeled and cubed
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- 1 Tbsp Jeera
- 1 Tbsp Ginger Chopped
- 2 Green Chilli Chopped
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 3/4 tsp Dry Mango Powder (Amchur Powder)
- Salt to taste
- 2 Tbsp Coriander leaves Chopped
- A Pinch Asafoetida
- 2 Tbsp Water
- Heat oil in a Pan and add cumin Seeds. When cumin seeds turns aromatic add chopped ginger and green chilli. Saute for a minute.
- Add asafoetida, turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala, red chilli powder, dry mango powder and salt . Saute on low flame without burning the spices.
- Add boiled potatoes. Mix gently. Add water.
- Cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Add chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
- Yummy Aloo jeera fry is ready to eat with Poori.