Gajar ka halwa, also known as gajrela or gajorer halwa, is a carrot-based sweet dessert pudding from the Indian subcontinent.
It is a delight during the winter months. Grated carrots, milk, sugar and nuts are stirred and cooked together. Gajar ka halwa is probably one of india’s most popular traditional desserts that is adorned by everyone.
Gajar ka Halwa taste so delicious during winter time when you are in India, Desh me nahi hai to kya hua Gajar ke Halwe ka maja videsh me rehkar bhi liya ja sakta hai…
Gajar Ka Halwa
- 1.5 kg Carrot Washed, Peeled
- 1.5 ltr Full Cream Milk
- 3/4 Cup Ghee
- 1/3 Cup Sugar As Per taste
- 5 Pcs Cardamom Powder Crushed
- 10-12 Pcs Almonds Chopped
- 10-12 Pcs Cashenuts
- 10-12 Pcs Raisins
- Wash, peel and grate the carrot.
- In a large kadhai put the grated carrot and add milk. Cook on high to medium heat till gets tender and all the milk gets absorbed.
- When it gets completely dry add ghee and saute for 5-6 minutes.
- Add sugar and mix well .
- Add cardamom powder and chopped almonds, cashewnuts and raisins. Mix well.
- Enjoy finger licking hot Gajar Halwa in winter.